Dr. Dominik Kocholl – together with his lawfirm – advises clients from around the globe as their Attorney-at-law. Further he works as Arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS/TAS) in Lausanne/Switzerland and at the DIS-Sportschiedsgericht (Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit eV in Cologne/Germany and as a Lecturer on Sports Law, Contract, Commercial, Corporate and Private International Law/Conflict of Laws at various universities. He shows exceptional attention to detail, professionalism and clients also love his personable approach.
KOCHOLL LAW is the name of his lawfirm, which he founded in 2011. Up until December 2016 he held a position as Assistant Professor at the Institute for Civil Law, European Private Law, Private Comparative Law and Private International Law at the University of Innsbruck. From 2007 – 2011 he trained as an Associate with prestigious law firms both in Vienna and Innsbruck – specializing in litigation and arbitration (Binder Grösswang, Baier Böhm, Prof. H. Schumacher). Dr. Kocholl is the CEO of a consulting business dealing primarily with legal based risk management – named alprimo KG. In its beginning it was a spin-off of what Dr. Kocholl has started in2005 as Head of the Research Unit on Mountain Sports Law at the University of Innsbruck (3 third-party-funded projects). He grew up as an athlete and is an experienced academic lecturer. In addition his research and writing is published across a variety of forums.
Dominik Kocholl is a Windsurfer but also an Alpinist, Ski-Mountaineer, Mountain Guide and Sportsclimbing Instructor. He grew up as a cometitive swimmer and switched then to Olympic Dinghy Sailing: He helmed mainly 49er and 470 and was a member of the Austrian Sailing Team 1993 – 2004.
- Publications – more than 60: monograph, many contributions to books, articles on Private Law, Private Inter-national Law/Conflict of Laws, Arbitration, Dispute Resolution, Sports Law, foreign law and comparative law
- Teaching experience – about 50 lectures (University of Innsbruck, University of Wales/Cardiff etc;
- about 30 presentations at international conferences and seminars (regularly in Switzerland) etc
- Co-Editor of “Causa Sport“, a scientific journal on international sports law and economy founded in 2004, Boorberg, Dike, Jan Sramek, Zürich – www.causasport.ch
- Academic Projects (three competitive research grants) on Sports Law, Private International Law/Conflict of Laws, International Civil Procedure and Arbitration
Work as a Legal Expert Witness for Courts in England and Germany
So far Dominik Kocholl acted as an expert witness for Austrian Law and Austrian Soft Law for courts in Germany and courts in England and Wales. Further he has provided several legal opinions.
How we can help you
We are very happy to serve a wide spectrum of clients drafting or reviewing their contracts or assisting them with any disputes. Whenever they surface it is our aim to achieve dispute resolution quickly and efficiently and to minimise the impact of a dispute on your day-to-day operations. Where possible, we try to settle disputes without recourse to legal proceedings. However, when this is unavoidable, Dr. Dominik Kocholl will vigorously pursue a strategy set to achieve a successful outcome for you.
As your counsel, he not only represents you but gives clear, pragmatic advice which combines expert technical analysis with a sound understanding of our clients’ business problems and commercial objectives.
We offer all of our clients specialist legal expertise paired with extensive sector knowledge.
- Austrian Arbitration Association
- Association Suisse de Droit du Sport (ASDS) – Swiss Sports Law Association
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Sportrecht (DVSR) – German Sports Law Association
- Member of the Legal Experts Working Group of the International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA)
- Tiroler Bergsportführerverband – Association of Professional Mountain Guides in Tyrol
- Tiroler Rechtsanwaltskammer – Austrian Bar Association
- Member of the exclusive list of arbitrators of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS/TAS)
- Member of the exclusive list of arbitrators for doping matters and the general list of arbitrators of the German DIS-Sportschiedsgericht